Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Upcoming Holiday...

John and I are planning on having Thanksgiving at my parents house this year. It should be an interesting day! My brother and his wife are coming down for the occasion. That's not really that weird, but it seems like whenever we want to get together with him...he's always busy! I think he just makes excuses, but whatever! That's the not the weird part though...my long lost sister might also be there. I know you've heard me talk about her before. She's the sister that left when she was 19 or 20 years old and never looked back. She totally dissed my whole family, including my extended family. She had some growing up to do!!!!! Yada, Yada, Yada..I don't want to get into specifics because my blood pressure will start to boil!!!

Anyway, in the past six months my parents have tried to contact her(they know her phone number). They have talked with her and she has even came to the house a few times to talk. I personally haven't seen her in about 10 years and it was a 5 minute conversation that SHE ended quickly!!!! She said she might be coming over for Thanksgiving dinner. Maybe it will be a good thing. I'm sure it will be awkward! Did I mention that John and my sister graduated High school together! That should be interesting! LOL It's not like they hung out but they did know each other!
I'm not betting any money on her Thanksgiving dinner arrival. I know how inconsistent she has been in the past, but maybe...just maybe she has grown up and changed a bit! I will keep you posted!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com