Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Windy Weather...

Sorry I keep talking about the weather lately. I know it's a boring blog, but I really haven't had much to say...except for it's W~I~N~D~Y.

Oh, and it rained even more last night. Not as bad as the other night, but it still came down pretty good. Then at about 2 a.m. the wind picked up and it has been gusting to 50+mph all day. The neighbors blue barrels(trash cans) are now across the road in the field. I wonder how long it will take them to figure out they're gone. LOL

It's so windy that John got called into work early today. They are in STORM MODE! I haven't heard how many people are without power, but I'm just glad we aren't this time. Not sure how many hours John will be working today. It's either 12 or 16 hrs. I hope it's only twelve because he will be home at his regular time tonight. However, it's most likely sixteen because most of the linesmen will be out that long too.

Since John went to work early we weren't able to work on the bathroom. It's to the point that I can't do too much more without his help. So, hopefully this weekend we can work like gang-busters because I want my new toilet and sink in soon.

The time change has sure helped my SAD symptons. It feels so good to have more light at night. I can't wait until the warm breeze fills the air. Then I will feel like doing more things. Right now I feel like I'm in a rut. I always get like this during the winter months. Hopefully the bathroom project and our next project, the kitchen will help fill the void of feeling crappy all the time. This is when I wish I lived someplace warm.

The lilac bush in beginning to show signs of life. Well, sort of! The buds are beginning to get plump. In a few months we will have beautiful lavender colored flowers. To be honest, I hate the smell of lilacs, but I love the blossoms. We had 3 lilac bushes when we first moved into this place back in 2000 or 2001. We cut two of them down because they were a bit over grown and in a bad spot. We kept the best one and now I keep in to a manageable size by pruning it every year. It's Rizzo's favorite spot to lift his leg, too. Did I mention at one point...the neighbors ducks made a nest in it. So, I guess it's popular with the animals too.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com