Friday, April 24, 2009

Nice day...

I was surprised to get a box in the mail today. I wasn't expecting this one as I already received all my Ebay goodies earlier in the week. It was from my SIL. It was her birthday on Monday so I sent her a Chartreuse 1 qt. bowl and one of her grandmother's tablecloths. I got ALL the other cloths, but I was trying to be generous because I felt bad that she didn't get to pick out anything from the house when her grandmother passed. The ONE thing she wanted was of course the china cabinet that WE got. Obviously, it wasn't going to her since she lives on the other side of the country. I don't think the glass would have survived :)

Anyway, back to my surprise. It was a box full of cookbooks. Everything from Martha Stewart Everyday, Mexican, some from S. Africa(she used to live there), Marie Claire, Chinese, etc. It was a good variety. I think tomorrow I will sit down and look thru some of them. John has electric testing to do on the bucket trucks so he'll be working at least 10 hrs.

I've just learned that our local PBS station will no longer be broadcasting after a certain date(I forget when??). I'm so bummed. The economy has really hurt the station because they depend on donations throughout the year to keep the station running without relying on advertisements. We love PBS. We especially like to watch it on Saturday's because of the good cooking shows, home improvement programs, etc. The only thing that might stop it from going off the air is if another station takes it over. I'm crossing my fingers. There is another local PBS that airs, so I hope that one stays afloat for a while. We don't have cable or satellite. We only have a antenna. So, PBS will be dearly missed .

The weather is getting nicer(well, it's trying to). It was warm today and in the low 70's, I think. Gee, I forgot to look at the thermometer, DUH!!! It was windy earlier in the day which kept it kinda cool, but once evening set in it was very nice. Tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer, but there's a chance of thunderstorms during the afternoon. Sunday is the day we're going to pick up the Crosley's and it's supposed to be rainy that day, too. Oh well...they will get a good bath, I guess.

As I sit here writing this(it's 11:45 p.m.) I can hear all kinds of creatures outside... Frogs, toads, and even some little coonies chattering away in the distance. I think they are in my in-laws yard across the street. They can be quite loud at times(the coonies, not the in-laws LOL!). I LOVE the sounds of Spring and Summer.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This would be great if you could be working with the bucket truck. About three years ago I decided to build my own home instead of hiring the expensive contractors. It was actually quite easy, even with my limited knowledge of construction. I am just thankful that I had the bucket truck handy because my pick up couldn’t cut it.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com