Saturday, April 4, 2009

My dog has a wart...


It was time for his yearly exam. He doesn't like going for car rides...it's hard to believe, I know! He gets all worked up and pants alot. Oh well, he lived thru it!
We had a few issues we had to address with the doc today.
1.) Yearly shots(including rabies)
2.) His ear. He's been itching it lately and
bothering him.
3.) A weird "tag" on the back of his neck
4.) Lumps on his side
5.) Heartworm check and prevention

For being such a hyper dog, he does quite well at the vet. Like I said before, he just pants alot. He got a good report, except for the minor issues I listed above. He doesn't have an ear infection. His ears are very clean. Looks like he has an allergy to something so we may change his diet and see how that goes. He tested negative for heartworm..always a plus!!! He's had this weird "tag" on the back of his neck for a year or two. It doesn't bother him, but it feels weird when I scratch the back of his neck. The doc likes to poke and squeeze things. He didn't know what it was, but cut the growth off anyway. He said it looked like a wart. "WHAT????? A WART? I asked." "My dog has a wart?" LOL
He didn't have the proper removal tool with him today to take it out, so he told me to go to the drug store and get some wart remover. If it gets bigger, which I doubt it will anytime soon, then I will take him in and get it surgically removed. The doc didn't seem too concerned and I'm not either. The lumps on his side were nothing except fatty deposits. John was more concerned about his than I. My last dog had these all over and she lived to be 15 yrs old.
Anyway, he's all fixed up and ready to go.


2 comments:

DS Mark said...

My two springer spaniels had the fatty deposits as well. Only once did we have one removed since it interfered with one of her front legs.

~M said...

My old dog was a Springer, too. We had a few of her spots removed because they got quite big.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com