Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me...


I wish I had more to talk about, but I don't. Soooo, I guess I will announce that it's my birthday! It's been a pretty uneventful day so far. John is working days this week instead of his usual afternoon shift. Hopefully he'll be home before 6 o'clock tonight for dinner. We're going over to my parents for pizza.

I almost ran over a baby robin the other day while mowing. Luckily, I saw it and swerved at the last minute. It was just a little guy. Later that night, he was hopping around the yard. The parents were getting a little nervous that it was exploring around the yard so much. I didn't want it to get hurt, so I picked it up and put it back near the bushes, where the nest is. When I got near it, it chirped and opened his mouth wide open like it wanted a worm. It was so cute. Hopefully most of the babies will be okay. We have the neighbors black lab to contend with. He likes to sniff around the bushes. The other day he was over and it looked as though he jumped on something. I was hoping he wasn't hunting for the baby rabbit that we've seen near the bushes, too.

We're going to start redoing the flower beds soon. I want to do a complete overhaul. John isn't too enthused with the whole idea, but I don't care :) It has to be done. It's beginning to look like we're growing a jungle in front of our house. It's terrible!!!

We're going to the antique's fleamarket this weekend(if the weather cooperates). They also have tons of old car stuff there, too. They have it three times a year in the summer, so if it's not good weather on Saturday, we'll go another time. Hopefully, I'll find some goodies. We take our little red wagon to carry anything we buy. It comes in handy. Last year, we had that thing FULL!

2 comments:

papa said...

Happy Birthday M! Hope the weekend show is full of Homer and Crosley and Plants!!!!!!!

Becky said...

Hope your birthday was the most wonderful ever. And have fun this weekend.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com