Monday, June 1, 2009

My Car is done...

I'm so happy! After almost 8 months of sitting in the shed, my car is finally done. Back in late October 2008, John hit a deer on his way home from work. Before this, he never drove my car to work. He decided to take it that one day to work on the A/C. I was soooo disappointed. I love my car. So, for 8 months I had to drive the Jeep Grand Cherokee(our winter vehicle). I hate driving that thing. I don't feel comfortable driving it. Probably because I'm small and it's big! LOL

Anyway, we didn't want the VW bodyshop to fix it. We wanted it done right!!! So, John did it himself. The reason why it took 8 months is because our shed is not heated. It's only been the past week or so that it's been nice enough to go out there to work on it.


Among new sheetmetal and plastic parts, we wanted to change the timing belt and put new brushes in the alternator. This was a perfect time to do all that because the front end was torn apart anyway. It's nearly impossible to do these tasks without taking off the front end!!! Yes, it's that big of a deal. We finally finished it up yesterday. It drives so nice! I'm so happy.


This is after the deer hit the car(yes, that's schmoo on the side):





It needed a new fender, headlight, hood, bumper cover, radiator, A/C condensor, and some misc. plastic pieces.


Here's the after pics taken yesterday:

2 comments:

Ms. Val said...

Wow, John did all that repair and maintenance work HIMSELF?!?!?!?!? The most my husband can do is replace the radio and change the oil.

I replaced a headlight lightbulb once. That--and pumping my own gas--is the extent of my car maintenance abilities.

~M said...

Yep, he does ALL the maintenence on our vehicles. He doesn't trust anyone else to do it. Plus, it's too expensive to take it to the dealer. They charge $1500 to replace the timing belt. YIKES!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com