Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Fine Day...

Well, the weather is finally cooperating a bit. We are in the clear for the rest of the week and into the weekend. We're supposed to have clear skies with no rain in the forecast. It is going to get pretty warm this weekend though...Upper 80's. I don't mind that as long as the humidity doesn't come with it.

I have hardly seen John this week. Only for about an hour in the morning. He has been working 16 hrs/day for the past few days. I'm not complaining too much. I've gotten a lot done around the house. I went uptown today and helped my dad. He was making one of the flower beds bigger. So, we cleaned that all up and put down more edging. It looks a lot nicer. I think I need to get dad out here to help me with MY flower beds. LOL! Anyway, it was a good day.

Our kitchen window that we ordered is in. We need to go pick that up in the next few days. I would like to get that put in this weekend while we have nice weather, but I don't think we'll have a chance. This weekend is the annual "YARD SALE TRAIL"
Here is the link if you're interested in learning more about it.
http://home.tir.com/~mteichow/yst/
Not sure if we'll be doing it or not, but I would like to try to fit it in our schedule. My mother and father in law will be in Lexington putting on their own garage sale. The annual Garage Sale Trail is really crazy. Lots of people and cars. ALL over the place. Since it's right along M-25 it's even busier because it's right on the lake. There is a combination of tourists(city folk coming up to their cabins) and people scrounging for antiques. One thing is for certain....it will be an excellent weekend for it. The weather will be perfect.

I just brushed Rizzo again. OMG...I think I could make a sister for him out of all his fur. He has a lot of butt fuzz! LOL! He really likes to be brushed and just stands there while I do it. I use one of those slicker brushes with all the harsh looking wires. It's really good at getting all the loose fur from his undercoat. I just don't brush too hard. He doesn't like that. He is a good, obedient dog!

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com