Monday, August 10, 2009

Paying it forward...

Today I set out to get a few gift cards for my next door neighbors. Now, if you've been reading my blog all along you will remember that these are the neighbors that don't take good care of the pets!! It really irritates me, but what can I do about it?? Anyway, we read in the paper this weekend that their house is in the process of fore closer. We actually don't mind them at all. They are a very nice family(except for the pet thing). It certainly could be worse!!! We don't chit-chat a whole lot, but we know each other enough and we wave to each other when they drive by. We feel absolutely horrible that they are going thru this. They have 3 kids. One will be starting college next year. Geez, how time flies.

So, I got a few gifts cards for the family. I am anonymously sending them in the mail. I don't want them to know it was from me. I enclosed a note stating that these gift cards are for school supplies and/or clothes only. Each of the kids are getting their own gift card. It's not alot, but it might help buy some paper, pens, socks, etc. It's certainly better than nothing. I'm also giving the mom a gift card, too. She can buy groceries or more school stuff for the kids. I hope it helps them.

1 comments:

RainbowDishes said...

That is a very sweet thing to do.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com