Friday, August 28, 2009

Friday in Review...

Well, today wasn't a great day weather wise. It was a cold and dreary day when I woke up this morning. Better take note...I was up at 7 a.m. this morning. That doesn't happen very often. John works afternoons, so we usually don't get to bed until close to 2 a.m. My dad and I had to go north to Bay City to get his bicycle "tuned" up. The place where I bought his bike from does free tune-ups for the first year or so after you buy a bike from them. Here is a link just in case your have the urge to buy a new bike http://www.bayvacandpedal.com/. They also sell vacuums. Isn't that convenient??? LOL! I also bought a bike from them last year and they are very nice people to do business with.

We dropped it off(it would take a few hours to fix) and headed out to do some errands. We then went to Menards(like Home Depot or Lowes) because I had to return a circuit breaker findy- thingy. Don't ask me exactly how to use it. Even John didn't know how to use it correctly. That's why we took it back. After that, dad asked me where I wanted to go. I suggested Younkers, of course. Land of Fiesta!! I wanted to check out their stock while we were in town. Dad tagged along, but got sticker shock when I told him the price of the rectangle baker...Reg. price $72..on sale for $50 something. I told him I had sticker shock the first time I saw the price, too. That's why I got all of mine in the seconds rooms at the factory. I was a little disappointed. They hardly had any Lemongrass. I really wanted a luncheon plate, but I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for that. They did have some chili bowls, fruit bowls, and the typical 5 pc. place settings. We wandered around some more...looking at toasters, waffle makers, etc. I think dad was more curious than I. He doesn't go into malls very often.

From there we went to Red Lobster for lunch. I had salmon. Dad had a fish sandwich that looked excellent. This was his first time in a Red Lobster. I think he enjoyed himself. Then I remembered that Rizzo was low on nuggets. Since Target was right there, we decided to go there. Got some wet kitty food, too. We need to give the kitty a worm pill. He's a stray that has ended up being a nice change of scenery around the yard. He's staying around and he LOVES to be held. I will post a pic of him soon. We call him squeaky sometimes because he doesn't meow very loud. He just opens his mouth and sometimes a little squeak will come out. He's a nice cat.

From there we headed back to the bike shop and then back home. Dad and I had a very good day despite the rain. I came home and took a little nap. Although, Rizzo kept interrupting me with lots of barks. He kept seeing the Amish go by.

1 comments:

RainbowDishes said...

Please show a pic of Squeaky. I once had a cat named Squeaky, too. He got the name because he would meow a very weird meow ALL THE TIME. He would even meow while he was sleeping. And if you said his name, "MEOW".

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com