Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fiesta Crafts...

I started working on a bird house made from a vintage turquoise water pitcher that will hang in the back bushes of the house. Boy, it was hard to get the drill bit started to drill the hole. Once I got the hole started, it wasn't that hard to drill, though.
John wasn't here to help me. I wanted to do it all by myself. I did get a few holes drilled, but the battery finally died....Darn! I want to get it made before it gets too warm, because all the little birds will be looking for places to make their nests. I have two other bird houses in the bushes...a terracotta one and one made out of an old gas can(a friend made that for me). John had to let that one air out a bit before we put it out for the birds. I've had it out for about 3 yrs now and every year we have a pair of sparrows make a nest. It hangs right outside my bedroom window, so it's nice to see them in the morning. I'm certain a pair of birds will make their nest in the water pitcher, so it will be exciting to watch them make their nest. We usually put some yarn strings and dryer vent fuzzies out for the birds. They like it when making their nests. The Robbins especially like the yarn strings. It's neat to look up in the nest and see the pieces of yarn I put out for them. Put some out for your birds, too!

2 comments:

papa said...

Sounds pretty cool,M! But I am having a hard time picturing a birdhouse made from a pitcher! Be sure and show some pics when you get it done!

~M said...

Don't worry, Papa! I will post a picture when I finish the birdhouse! :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com