Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day...


I hope everyone had a wonderful V-Day. We didn't do squat today :( Unless of course, you call detailing a Honda Minibike a date! LOL

John is getting rid of a few motorcycles to someone, so we wanted to get them spiffed up before their journey to another home. I, for one, can't wait to wave goodbye to them!

I did manage to finish the bedroom window. It looks great! I can't believe how nice it looks. The new curtains should be here any day and hopefully after the other household projects(I.E. Kitchen and Bathroom), we can start to paint the bedroom.

We went to pick up our new pedestal sink for the bathroom the other day. The guy brought it out and it had scratches on the top and it wasn't even the right faucet configuration. UGH! I was NOT happy. So, we will have to wait another 10 days or so for a new one to come. The paint we got for the bathroom is NOT exactly the color I was hoping for. I painted a swatch on the wall to see what it looks like and it looks like I smeared a tube of wintergreen toothpaste on the wall. I was trying to go for more of a subdued green or a pistachio color??? I think??? Well, it won't be happening with this color. John thinks it's fine, but it's going back to the paint store for more modifications. LOL

I would love, love, love to have new tile floors and a new bathtub, but that won't happen this year. This is kind of a mini-makeover for the bathroom. Plus, this summer we will have to replace the window in the bathroom so we didn't want to get too crazy with the shower area. The window sits directly in the shower. That kind of sucks, too! Oh well, we can't do anything about it so we are making do with what we have.

2 comments:

Ms. Val said...

I smeared a tube of wintergreen toothpaste on the wall. I was trying to go for more of a subdued green or a pistachio color??? I think??? Well, it won't be happening with this color. John thinks it's fine, but it's going back to the paint store for more modifications. LOL

Sounds to me like it needs less blue and more yellow. Good luck!

~M said...

Yes, I think you're right Val!!!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com