Friday, February 20, 2009

What a week...

Well, since John is finally back to work I am able to do some different stuff now. If you remember my original post about the bathroom paint looking like toothpaste, then you know I wasn't too happy.

So, I went back to the local hardware store to look at more paint colors. This was on Monday. I took my bathroom rug with me so it would help me compare green colors. The lady that was working the paint area suggested a "green" called Moss Grey. I was very sceptical, but I went through with it anyway. She assured me she could make a color correction if I didn't like it. So, I brought it home and tried it on the wall. YUCK! It was way too dark. It really wasn't a bad color, but that's not the color I was going for in the bathroom. John didn't like it either.

On Wednesday I went back up there to see if I could pick a green out without anyone helping me(sometimes I don't want help). I had a specific color in mind!!!! I took a t-shirt with me because it was about the color that I wanted and had them do a color analysis. It didn't work too well. It came out too grey again. Luckily they didn't charge me for that gallon of paint. I finally picked out a color that will work. It's called "Touch of Spring". It's the minty/pistachio color I was hoping for. I think it will brighten up the bathroom just enough without making it look too tacky. We will have white bead board for the bottom half and this color will be on the top half. With a new toilet(which we desperately need) and a new sink I think it will really make the bathroom look nice. Did I mention the toilet looks kind of art deco?? Here's a picture. This wasn't our first choice for a toilet, but we have VERY limited space and had to go with this one. I like it though. I want to paint a few of the ridges on the tank red so I will have red stripes like the vintage Fiesta, LOL (just kidding). It's a Sterling brand(owned by Kohler) and it's called "Riverton".



0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com