Monday, December 29, 2008

The cabinets are coming...

The new kitchen cabinets will be delivered tomorrow. I just have one thing to worry about...we have nowhere to put them for the time being and the kitchen isn't even painted yet. UGH!!

John has been working a lot of overtime so I'm left doing the majority of it by myself(except for the installation part). This recent wind storm has put a hold on the kitchen. He worked 12 hrs yesterday and he's working 16 hrs today. Not sure about tomorrow yet. It's a day by day thing.

I'm trying to tidy up the spare bedroom so we can store some cabinets in there. This is the hard part. It is a Fiesta/bedroom/storage room. We don't have a basement to store our stuff, so we have to make due with the room that we have. I have a feeling I'm going to be throwing a lot out....Fiesta NOT included :)

I stripped some more wallpaper last night during the power outage. I couldn't do anything else, so it was okay. I only have some border to do on the soffit and I'll be done. This has been posing a problem for me. It's up high, I'm down low. My ankle isn't cooperating 100% so it's difficult to maneuver on the ladder. John said he would do the high stuff, but he's procrastinating. I think he's waiting for me to do it. FIGURES! It also seems like the border is coming off harder than the wallpaper. I will never put wallpaper on anything again. It's a pain the butt.

John just left work, he won't be home until tomorrow morning sometime. Rizzo is making his bed on the floor and is very sleepy today. I told John he should take Rizzo to work with him. He could run around the warehouse with his ball.

Oh, I have other news. My sister in law just bought Fiesta for her dishes. She said she needs Chartreuse, so I guess that will be my task. She said it was either Fiesta or Bauer. I'm glad she picked Fiesta though. Not only is it cheaper, but it's more available. Although, she does live in California where Bauer is made.

I guess we'll see how far I get today.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com