Monday, December 29, 2008

Power is a good thing...

Well, just like clock-work....the winds started howling about 5 o'clock this morning or so. Boy, were they bad. We lost power about 8:30 a.m and was without it for about 13 hrs. Not a good thing when the temps are only in the low 30's(I guess it could've been alot worse though). Luckily, we have a generator. We were able to keep the furnace and a few lights working until the power was turned back on.

John got called into work today. He will be on "storm duty" for the next few days. I don't like it when he has to work the weekends... Especially Sunday's. But oh well, it will help pay for our kitchen project. I won't complain too much. As long as it doesn't cut into New Years Eve. I will be disappointed if that happens.
There was about 230,000 people that lost power.

Rizzo and I had a good day anyway. I took him with me when I went to my parents house for coffee. He was a good boy, but doesn't like riding in the car. Very nervous! He is resting peacefully now. I think it's time to hit the sack, too. John won't be home till around 4 a.m. or so. I will be counting Fiesta Marmalades under the electric blanket by then.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com