Saturday, January 3, 2009

Car Trouble and a Birthday ...

Last night we had quite a bit of trash to take out so I used the Jeep to haul it across the road(we use his parents trash pick up). Anyway, I pulled into the driveway afterward and jumped out. I heard something leaking out the front end. I bent over and noticed a persistent stream of UF(unidentified fluid). I stuck my finger in the wet spot to see If I could tell what it was. Sure enough...the sweet smell of antifreeze! UGH! To make sure(it was dark so it was hard to tell) I put some snow over the small puddle and it turned green. OH MAN! John is not going to be happy, I thought.

I didn't know for sure what it was. It could be a few things: A radiator leak, A leaky hose, or an antifreeze expansion tank leak. Well, I was wrong on all of those(Hey, I never said I was a mechanic, LOL) . John looked at it today and put the pressure tester to the radiator. A moderate amount of fluid leaked out again when pressurized. It was the Water pump! So, one call to the auto parts store and $46(water pump and serpentine belt) later we had the parts. John is working on it even as I write this. This is not exactly what he had planned on his birthday, but it needs to be fixed. It will be quick and easy.

On January 3rd. 1976 at 3:41 p.m. John was born. He weighed in at 7 lbs. 15 oz. According to all the stories that his mom tells(she tells ALOT!)... the nurses at the hospital dressed him in pink because they thought he was too cute to be dressed in blue. LOL! I guess I better not reveal too much more. If John read this he'd probably kill me for divulging too much information :) HA! HA!

3 comments:

MomAgain said...

dressed in pink! The indignity!

HBD to John :)

Ms. Val said...

They sell t-shirts that say "tough guys wear pink". Get John one as a gag gift. :-)

Becky said...

Hey, while Mike's Mom was pregnant with him (1952) she made a beautiful white dress with pink flowers embroidered all over the front of it. And after he was born, she dressed him in it as long as it fit, because she said she put too much work into it to let it go to waste. LOL. Later he did have a sister who wore it also. The younger brother did not. But you know. She saved that dress and when Abbey was born in 1987 she gave it to me. Both my girls wore it and I have saved it for if they ever have children.

Hope John's birthday was a good one, car repairs aside.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com