Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Clutter...

Cleaning out the spare bedroom made me feel soooo good. We(ME, actually) started cleaning it out last fall and I got rid of tons of stuff then, but I didn't finish. I got a meager sum for the stuff I "gave" away to a local junk shop. It wasn't even my intention of getting money for the stuff, but I thought I'd ask just in case. I'm glad John didn't see all the stuff I took there. I don't think he'd be too happy with me, but it was sitting around forever. Oh well!
Boy, that place is awful. The people that run it are even more awful. Sorry, I can't help myself. I didn't have another place to take the stuff so that's where it went.

Well, after cleaning it more at the end of December I realized that I HATE clutter even more than ever. So, that's my goal for this year....GET RID OF CLUTTER. That goes for the pottery, too. Sorry my fellow dish friends...I'm not giving that away. I just need to organize it better and put a shelf up in the kitchen, living room, etc. As of now, I don't have any great shelves. The only shelf I have is in the living room. It's small and I've had it since I was like 10 yrs old. It's not workin' for me anymore!! It holds some of the pyramids candle holders...barely! So, once the "new" cabinet comes from John's grandmother I will be rearranging things and making more room. I think I need Val(interior designer) to fly in so she can help me move furniture around. I have a long and narrow living room. I can only really put my couch on 2 walls. Once the cabinet arrives, I will be getting rid of the dumb console radio thing. I hate it! I don't use it, it's too big, it doesn't go with anything in the house, and did I mention I hate it. It wasn't my idea to bring it in the house. John's dad bought it at an auction. They brought it in the house while I wasn't home and it's still here as I write this. NOT A HAPPY CAMPER! Can't you tell??? So anyway...that's going bye, bye and I can say "hello" to my new curved glass cabinet.

5 comments:

Ms. Val said...

I'd love to come by and help arrange furniture if I lived closer. I've never seen the place, but I'm confident that it would be an easy job without the radio console cabinet. Why did your FIL think you'd want it anyway?

I don't envy you having the in-laws living across the street. I like Q's family, but I wouldn't want them so close.

~M said...

Val, My FIL asked John and then basically shoved it down his throught. John sometimes has a hard time saying "No" to his father. His Father has a tendency to put guilt trips on people. I, on the other hand, have no problem with saying, "NO". LOL

MomAgain said...

Long and narrow... can you do a built in of shelves on one end?

RainbowDishes said...

I love that cabinet you are getting. And I love it even more that I don't have to transport it in my semi. HAHAHAHA A little furniture rearranging is always good. And with your new kitchen, you are off to a great start this year!

~M said...

But Craig...you haven't seen the cabinet I'm getting yet. I think you have me confused with Kelly! LOL :)
Mine will be a curved glass china cabinet.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com