Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's early and I'm up...

Well, it's early for me anyway. It's not everyday...especially on a Saturday that I get up at 7:30 a.m. We need to go to Detroit today. So, I needed to get my butt out of bed sort of early. Rizzo got of up with me..of course. He doesn't miss a thing. He now needs a chaperone when he goes outside. The last time I left him alone I caught him taking a schmoo over at the neighbors! I was not happy. He has been venturing over there lately and I don't want him to get the idea he can wander. He is getting pretty brave. So, out I went this morning...jammies, shoes, and John's coat. I never said I would actually get dressed for the task.

It was just barely getting light and off in the distance I saw his arch nemesis...LUKE. He's the dog that lives on the "Southside"..okay, I'm being a bit dramatic here but work with me! No, we don't live in a gang area, it's more of running joke in our house.

We feel bad for ol' Lukey...He's a very nice Black Lab. These are the neighbors that don't take care of the animals. Luckily this is the only dog they have now. After the kids go off to school in the morning, Luke stays outside ALL day. He needs/wants attention so badly. They don't give it to him. He goes across the busy street to visit a body shop. I don't think they like dogs, but they tolerate Luke. I said it once and I'll say it again...Anything that crosses that road will get killed or seriously hurt. He has been really lucky so far. It was usually me who somehow see's the animal get squashed on the road. The same neighbors had ducks once. The Mama duck had babies and there was like 10 of them. It was a neat thing until they kept coming over and schmooing all over our driveway. Of course...it had to have the babies in OUR lilac bush. I even hatched an egg by hand and saved a little duckling..that's another story. Anyway..one by one they got killed on the road. Maybe it was a good thing. After a while we got sick of them and they were terribly messy.

Back to Luke..I saw him sitting in the neighbors driveway this morning. Rizzo saw him, too. Sometimes their eyes meet and it's a stare down. Luckily this morning, Rizzo went and did his business without any problems.

Sorry my posts are soooo boring.

1 comments:

RainbowDishes said...

How sad that your neighbors treat their animals like that. If I lived there, I would be calling the County Animal Control on them.

And how are your posts boring? You did use the word "schmoo" twice in your post. So that is double the fun! LOL Have fun in Detroit...don't buy ALL of the Fiesta. And I am off on Sunday again, so I will see you in the chat room Sunday night! :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com