Friday, January 2, 2009

Is it Friday yet?

That's the question John and I kept asking each other this week as he kept working MORE hours. John worked 78 hrs. this week from Sunday-Friday. That's almost 40 hrs of overtime. This was a major storm for them. I'm glad the week is almost over. We miss each other and it's been hectic all week.

I have been steadily working on the kitchen all week. I have about 10 more feet of border to take off the wall. Man, it sucks! We want to get the kitchen painted this weekend so we can get the first half of the cabinets up. I'm excited.

In the early part of December, John's grandmother passed away. We were sad, but relieved at the same time. You never want someone to die, but when someone is hurting, you want their pain to go away so they don't suffer. Ruth was a wonderful woman. She never had a mean bone in her body. There was a special china cabinet in their house that John and I always admired. We might soon get the chance to bring it into our home. It would be exciting to fill it with Fiesta goodies and look at it everyday and remember Ruth.

3 comments:

Romeo Wolfe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RainbowDishes said...

I'm sad to hear about John's grandmother, but I do agree, I hate to see people in pain. As much as I love my mom and really miss her, I hated to see her suffer the last few years of her life. I was relieved when she passed since she wasn't in pain anymore.

I think in memory of John's grandmother, you should put up a nice wallpaper border in your kitchen! LOL just kidding, I hate wallpaper too

~M said...

Ha! Ha! Very funny, Craig. I will be so glad when this wallpaper fiasco is over. I worked on it more tonight, but gave up. I told John that he needs to help me finish the rest tomorrow. That way he know's what it's like to strip wallpaper.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com