Monday, January 19, 2009

E.R.

John came home on Saturday afternoon from having gallbladder surgery. He seemed fine, but was still very tired. For the pain, Dr. I prescribed him Darvocet. He took one at 7 p.m. and another at 11 p.m. just like the directions said. Well, at about midnight he took a turn for the worst. He was very restless, dizzy, and seemed dehydrated(he didn't listed to me about drinking enough water) . It scared him because he had never felt like that before. At about 6:30 a.m. Sunday morning I rushed him to the E.R. He had the chills and was very pale. They hooked an I.V. up to give him fluids and he rested for about 2 hrs. After that, they decided to admit him again. The doctor suggested another night of recovery. He was very weak. He was the weakest I have ever seen John in my whole life. They think he is very sensitive to pain meds and that's why he had the adverse reaction.

I felt so bad for him. He didn't want me to leave his side so I stayed the night in the hospital. Boy, oh, Boy...that was some night. I have been so sleep deprived the past few days. I didn't sleep a wink last night either. I sat in an uncomfortable chair the whole night. It was awful...but not as awful as John felt. They gave him a sleep aid to help him relax last night. He slept pretty good. This morning he woke up feeling okay...not great...but okay. However, he kinda felt worse as the morning progressed. I'm not sure if he will go home today. I haven't seen the doctor yet today. I had to leave for a few hours. I will be going back later today to check his progress. I hope he comes home today, but I don't want to push it. He does seem better than yesterday, so I guess we'll see what the doctor says. Please keep him in your thoughts.

2 comments:

MomAgain said...

ugh... thinking about you guys...

Becky said...

Oh my goodness. What a terrible thing to happen Having spent many nights on a chair in the hospital with my Mom there, I empathise with you. Hope John improves enough to be able to come home today

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com