Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Reminance...


It's been about a month since Rizzo received his rawhide bone from Papa . Papa was my Secret Santa from the CMG SS exchange back in December.

I'm actually quite surprised the bone has lasted THIS long. Usually it's gone within a day or two...seriously! But lately Rizzo has been chewing in spurts. When he first got it, he chewed on it ALL the time..day AND night(which was not too pleasurable for sleeping), but that was because it was new and he hadn't had a bone in a while.

Now, he just chews on it a few times during the day. He does like to carry it around the house in his mouth like it's a baby's bottle. I'd like to think he's savoring every last chew. It could also be that he's getting older and he just doesn't like to chew on it every minute of the day. However it may be...I know he LOVES his bone. AND it's cleaning his pearly whites!

2 comments:

RainbowDishes said...

I wish my dog would learn to chew on rawhide treats! I have never seen a dog so afraid of rawhide (or anything bigger than a small milkbone). I have quite a few treats and bones that I had to throw out becuase she wouldn't go near them. I even tried getting them wet or pouring gravy or meat juice on them and she still refuses to touch them. UGH!!! I guess books and magazines are more fun to eat! :( BAD DOG!!!

papa said...

I'm glad Rizzo likes his bone! It looks like he is quite talented too,he has turned it into a modern sculpture!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com