Sunday, January 11, 2009

It was a weird day...

Before I tell you about today...let me tell you about our activities on Saturday. We went to the Detroit area to look at a new car. Needless to say...we won't be buying it even though we REALLY want it. We will wait a year or at least until summer. We've decided we can't have everything right now. We want to finish the kitchen and not be broke trying to do it. The car is a touchy subject, so I won't dwell on that topic. It was such a snowy day in Detroit. They were getting hammered with lots of snow and the roads were terrible.

We went to the Somerset Mall. I've never been there. It's a huge mall and quite swanky. I was amazed at how big the Macy's was. HOLY CRAP! I spotted an Ivory 19" platter. That thing is gigantic. We wanted to buy it, but thought we might wait until Marigold comes out. I'd rather buy that color. I don't need two of those platters. Plus they're expensive. We walked around the mall a bit more and wanted to eat at the California Pizza Kitchen. It looked like an excellent place to eat, but it was soooo busy. We just went somewhere else instead.

After that, we went to a certain bakery(Julian Bros.) that we always visit when we're in that area. Oh, it's so good. We bought two individual cherry pies, a loaf of pizza bread(for John), and a very small chocolate cake for his uncle's birthday. We then drove over to see John's uncle. It was his birthday so we decided to surprise him. We had a nice time, but he smokes. Needless to say when we got out of there we were soooo sick from the smoke. We felt like crap the rest of the night. When your not used to cigarette smoke, it can really take a toll on you. It took over 2 hrs to get home because the roads were so bad. It usually only takes us about 1 1/2 hrs.

I immediately threw our clothes and coats in the washer because they smelled so bad. We took a shower too. That helped quite a bit. We were pretty tired by then. Went to bed and watch a dvd of Looney Tunes. Yes...real cartoons...not the crap that's on tv these days. We fell asleep around 11 o'clock. Suddenly the dog started freaking out around 1:30 this morning. I have no idea what was wrong, but he started barking. Well, that did it...I was up then. I thought I'd better lay on the couch and watch tv since I couldn't sleep(thanks Rizzo). John came to join me a few minutes later. He couldn't sleep either. After about an hour or so, we decided to go back to bed. We finished the rest of the Looney Tunes dvd and fell back asleep around 4 a.m. We woke up around 10 o'clock this morning. I felt weird all day. Maybe it was because I didn't sleep well last night. I also felt depressed most of the day. That could stem from many things...the car, the weather, the kitchen, etc. I don't want to bore you.

We worked on the kitchen a bit more today. Took down a set of cupboards that were almost impossible to take down. They were the original cabinets...held in with nails, instead of screws. UGH! After that we took a nap for a few hours. Then went up town for food and to rent a movie. That's it for now.

1 comments:

RainbowDishes said...

Awwww..cheer up. We have plenty more of this crappy weather before it gets better! :) LOL Didn't that cheer you up? I know, it is the same way here. More crappy weather after more crappy weather. I have never had ice as much as this past month. It will get better though. Then in the heat of the summer, we can all wish it was a bit cooler again.

Isn't that 19" platter HUGE??? Did you pick it up though. I was shocked by how light weight it was based upon the size of it. It doesn't weight much more than the other platters. I really want one too, but there is really no need for more than one. I have no idea what color I would want. Right now I am leaning towards Scarlet or Ivory. I don't think I would want the platter in Marigold. I want to get some other pieces in that color. So many decisions and so little money. I NEED MY FIESTA!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com