Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Helloooo Newman...

I'm talking about Newman from the show Seinfeld. He's the postman that was always doing a horrible job. Well, we have our own "Newman", except ours is a woman. It's a total miracle we actually get mail everyday. Seriously though...last year one of our bank statements went to one of our neighbors(not the animal haters). Instead of calling to let us know they got our mail, the idiotic guy opened it up because he wasn't paying attention. He found out it wasn't theirs so he THREW IT AWAY. What a total jerk!

Well, I happen to live in a small town and his wife works at our bank. She happened to mention to us that they got a bank statement of ours in the mail. "But my husband accidentally threw it away", she said. I was so mad! I went up to the post office and told the postmaster the story. Well, apparently the postmaster left a message on their answering machine saying it was a federal crime to open other people's mail and it better go back to the right person immediately. That night I came home to find a piece of mail stuck to the door. It was covered with ketchup(remember...he threw it out). I looked at it and realized it WASN'T our mail, but my MIL's mail(we're neighbors, too).

Anyway, we've had smaller occurrences since then..nothing too horrible but we still get the wrong mail. I just simply put in back in the mailbox with a note on it. I wonder what other mail is getting lost and people just don't tell us.
Last month, our other neighbors(the dog haters) got our Lowe's kitchen cabinet bill in their mail. UHHHH! At least they brought it over to us without any problems. We get along with them fine.

So, yesterday we watched "Newman" again...she pulled into my MIL's driveway to deliver a package. While she was in the back of her Jeep getting the mail, a piece fell out onto the ground. John and I both wondered if she would see it and pick it up. Luckily, after a minute or so she did.

Today, we watched her again...she parked right in the road, got out and was rearranging boxes in her Jeep. The doors were wide open and it's super windy out. All I could think of was a big gust of wind coming and blowing all the mail out. After about 2 minutes she finally had everything situated and she was back on her route again. The next time I see anything happen...I'm going back to the post office.

0 comments:

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com