Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Wii bit lost...

After trying out our Nintendo Wii and another family members Wii, my mom and dad are determined to get one for themselves. However, it's been a "Wii" bit tricky. There are no Nintendo Wii's to be found around us. I have checked everywhere and so have my parents. It's actually been pretty funny because they've been scoping out all the usual places where a Wii could be found.

John and I bought ours in December of 2007. It was also during the Wii craze and I got a tip that Kmart was going to have 7 of them at their store. We got up early and headed to our local Kmart. It was in the middle of a snow storm. I have never been so hung up about a video game before. I was the 7th person in line and I got one. I was sooo excited. John waited in the car, out in the parking lot for me while I stood out in the freezing cold..that wuss LOL!

Sooo, if you find one at your local store...please let me know. I will send you $$$ for it. LOL
Oh, and don't forget the Wii Fit..they want that, too :)

2 comments:

RainbowDishes said...

Good luck on finding one. Even though they have been out for quite some time now, they are still a hot commodity. I know my store had some for a little bit, but that was when we first opened. Now they are nowhere to be found! I really want one, but that is sitting on the backburner until I get some money!

Ms. Val said...

I remember when we found Kyle's Wii. It was January 2007. Except for a generous grant from Grandma, he had saved all the money himself.

Q was spending his lunch hours driving to all the electronic stores in his area (his office is near a large mall). He would also make phone calls, and get tips from stock clerks. This had become a project for him.

Well, one day I was in Target, buying the usual crap (toothpaste...cold medicine...kitchen towels that match the Fiesta...) when I walked past the video game department. They had Wiis in stock!

I ended up buying one on the spot. Problem is, Q had the Wii money in his wallet. So I had to use the grocery money to pay for the Wii and the Wii money was used for groceries.

Later that night, we surprised Kyle with his new Wii. We had a YouTube video of him opening the trunk of the car and the surprise expressed when he found it there, but he made us erase it :-(

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com