Monday, January 12, 2009

Packing up Dishes...

Tonight I started the daunting task of packing up all my everyday dishes. I never realized how many dishes I actually have...OMG! I left a few dinner plates, bowls, and luncheon plates so we could still eat. Tomorrow the cabinet that houses the coffee mugs and glasses will come next. I have alot of those, too. I put coffee filters in between the layers of dishes so they won't get too scratched while we are moving the boxes around. Coffee filters are a cheap and fast alternative. I didn't want to use bubble wrap because:

1.) bubble wrap can be somewhat dirty depending on if it's new or used.
2.) it's time consuming and takes up more space than coffee filters.
3.) I would most likely run out of bubble wrap. I have lots of filters and they're cheap.

I made myself a bowl of Coco Wheats for dinner. I know, I know...not a real healthy dinner, but on cold days, I love to have something hot and soothing. I grew up eating coco wheats, so it's something I always have in the house. Some of you are probably gagging right now!! LOL


Do you remember that commercial years ago:


"Coco Wheats, Coco Wheats can't be beat...it's a creamy hot cereal with a cocoa treat...to be big and strong...have lots of fun...eat Coco Wheats everyone".

Then the parrot would come on and say, "Eat Coco Wheats you bird brain" then he would squawk.

3 comments:

RainbowDishes said...

Coco Wheats?!?!?! GAG!!! LOL I can't actually say that because I have never tried them, but I am not a big fan of hot cereal. I don't like oatmeal but I do love grits. I know, I am weird.

~M said...

Yes, I know Craig...it's a weird thing I like to eat. I absolutely hate grits, though! GAG! LOL

RainbowDishes said...

Oh I agree....grits used to make me GAG...ACK! Sadly, whenever I would eat one of the breakfast selections at Cracker Barrel, grits would come with it. I would always push it to the side to the "don't touch that area" on the table.

One of the restaurants where I used to work started putting grits on the their breakfast buffet. One day I thought I would just taste them...I kinda liked them! YIKES!

Later a friend of the family was telling me about adding sausage or sausage gravy or sugar or jelly or cheese or pretty much anything you wanted to flavor the grits. So now I am hooked on something I used to GAG over. But I don't see a future for me and oatmeal or any other hot cereal. Not unless it mixes well with vodka. LOL

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com